Burn Free Emergency Burn Kit

Burn Free Emergency Burn KitI bought this kit via a live purchase, not online, but after recently having had to use it in a real burn semi-emergency, I simply must review it. At the time I was appalled at the price of a relatively small box with just these items in it. Now I think it was cheap at 10X the price! I've also purchased a bunch more of the small packs for my various other emergency kits at work, in the car and in my back pack.

The gel works by simply removing heat and halting the process of the burning. And it does it fast and very completely. It then also removes the pain and keeps the tissue supple so you don't rip off the damaged skin. That certainly lowers the risk of infection.

So how do I know?

I recently reached out and grabbed a bowl that had been in the oven. Both hands, full contact and then I couldn't just drop it because of the boiling liquid contents. Therefore I had to lower the bowl, albeit quickly, before I could remove my hands. All of my fingers had immediate burns and raised flesh, meaning blisters. And they were in serious pain.

I used my thumbs to open the box right in the emergency drawer next to the stove. I had to tear open the packet, and that was painful, but then blessed relief came as the gel came in contact with the skin. It was instantaneous. Within a minute or two the gel had already soaked in, indicating a significant burn and the pain started coming back so I finally got the bottle open and applied liberally. Again, relief. I reapplied several times over the next couple of hours but was amazed at how well this worked. Most of the blisters never really filled and some of the fingertips were just raw rather than blistered.

Yes, I did get some nasty blisters the shape of the rim of the bowl, but overall, it was far less than I would have expected. And, to top it off, the blisters went away really fast and seemed not as full. I can't recommend this product highly enough. It should be in every kitchen, handy and ready.

0 comments:

Post a Comment