Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Tough Pads (Hydrocolloid Adhesive Pads), 2.8 Inch x 2.4 Inch, 4 Count

Johnson & Johnson Tough Pads, 4-Count PadsI have been using these for eight years. The first trial did not go so well though that was more likely at my own fault. Since then I am much more careful with significant scrapes and wounds.

Though this is a review for the larger pad, the rest pretty much do one thing right: they minimize immediate and eliminate long term healing pain. With scrapes that go beyond the superficial dermis layer, I noticed a problem: white blood cells would seep out to fight infection, though there was no scab to allow it to do its job. Instead of the scrapes drying out, they would just ooze white blood cells for days...

Thankfully with this, it acts as an artificial scab that is flexible and will never crack under any condition. The cushion it provides when the adhesive comes in contact with fluids from the wound is indispensable. Ive noticed healing time is shorter than with traditional bandages and if you wait long enough to remove the bandage, it will almost seem as though a miracle had transpired: the cut or scrape has disappeared!

I am writing this after a tumble I had while I was snowboarding. The pain from the scrape was pretty bad and I was sure it would leave a gnarly scar but after having changed the bandage, I'm confident there will be no scar. The best part is if disinfected properly, scrapes that would otherwise be susceptible to infection are completely protected from external bacteria. Advanced healing bandages are a product I will keep in my medicine cabinet for the rest of my life.

I had never used these until a week ago. I had to buy new boots for my uniform and they tore up my heels pretty bad. I went straight to the nearest drug store and bought everything they had for blisters, including these Band-aids. these were the last ones I tried because I didn't think they looked like they had enough padding. I was SO wrong! These are BRILLIANT!!!! They act like natural skin, and absorb any bodily fluids to create a padding like a real blister would, but these don't hurt. The who9le surface is adhesive, which worried me a bit, but it's not sticky to the point it hurts to remove. I was so impressed and pleased with this product, i went out and bought another 4 boxes for any future boo-boos :)

These are the new staple to my medicine cabinet, replacing all the other band-aid things i used to buy.

THESE ARE AWESOME!!!!!

Buy Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Tough Pads (Hydrocolloid Adhesive Pads), 2.8 Inch x 2.4 Inch, 4 Count Now

I love these patches.

A couple of years ago, I fell on my concrete backdoor steps. I ended up with a hole just below my knee. All the skin was stripped off of an area about an inch and a half in diameter. The wound was more than 1/16 of an inch deep. There was no skin left. I am an older woman, and diabetic, so I had quite a bit of concern about infection and healing. I cleaned my wound thoroughly, and applied one of these patches. Abut 4 or 5 days later, I removed the patch to see how it was doing, and was very surprised to see that the wound was granulating in from the edges, and was very clean. I applied another bandage, and again left it on for several days. I did this about 3 to 4 times. Today, there is no sign of the injury except a slightly paler area of soft skin. There was no infection, and no scaring. Although what is there is considered a scar, there is no apparent difference in texture from the neighboring skin. I have used these patches in other instances, though not as serious, and have had the same results. I think they are an outstanding product, and well worth the price. And the price here, was very reasonable.

Read Best Reviews of Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Tough Pads (Hydrocolloid Adhesive Pads), 2.8 Inch x 2.4 Inch, 4 Count Here

I became a fan of hydrocolloid-type bandages after picking up a random pack on sale at a local drug store. These types of bandages form a barrier around the wound and also suck up some of the moisture released by the body (hereto referred to as "ick") forming a moisturizing gel which helps naturally heal the wound. Put simply the bandages have a substance in them which reacts to your body's "ick" (usually called "exudate" in the medical world) and forms a gel which helps keep the area moist. This moist environment allows the body to heal more quickly than an open-air wound which requires the body to form scabs and other "temporary" scar tissues.

The upside? These types of bandages usually help the wound heal more quickly than traditional bandages and also generally reduces any scarring (not completely, but less than if not used).

The downside? Well, they're generally really expensive sometimes costing a dollar or more per bandage.

That's why I like the Johnson & Johnson Tough Pads. The pads included in the box are 3" x 2.25" and are very easily cut down into smaller dressings. Whenever I use these bandages I generally find that I do not need the whole giant pad and the problem with "blister bandages" like the other manufacturers make is that there's a lot of wasted bandage used to wrap around the wound area that's really not required.

There are a few things to keep in mind with any type of hydrocolloid bandage:

1 If it's a bleeder (or a weeper), these probably won't work. Basically the moisture will "overload" the gel and make the whole bandage non-stick, eventually just peeling off.

2 They generally won't work on a super-active spot compared to something like a "heavy duty" bandage. The adhesive will most likely peel off and once the initial "stick" is broken, these don't really re-stick very well.

3 They're very, very noticeable. The bandage starts out a bandage-y type of pink/tan color, but the area over the wound generally turns a shade of white and then blows up like a small bubble (and it's squishy... you'll probably end up poking at it because it's neat). Unfortunately if you're going for subtlety, these aren't the best choice.

Once you try a hydrocolloid bandage, you probably will never want to use a normal bandage ever again. When that becomes the case, I highly recommend these Tough Pads for the sheer economic value they represent.

Want Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Tough Pads (Hydrocolloid Adhesive Pads), 2.8 Inch x 2.4 Inch, 4 Count Discount?

This works great on cuts and scrapes that are not deep. You just put it on and go about your everyday chores. I changed mine after four days and by then the wound was healed. You can wash dishes, take a shower, etc and the wound is protected. I just love it for minor cuts. But the directions say do not use on deep puncture wounds.

Save 15% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment