Band-Aid plus Antibiotic Assorted Sizes -- 20 Bandages

Band-Aid plus Antibiotic Assorted Sizes -- 20 BandagesAfter a couple of uses, I decided that I was happy enough with this product to make it my default Band-Aid and include it in my cars' first aid kits.

I will not discuss the great virtues of Band-Aids because the brand is hardly a novelty. Since I had a good experience with the 'plus Antibiotic' version, I thought it might help someone if I discussed how this is different from the other Band-Aid products.

It adheres well to the skin. The last one I used, on a thumb cut, stayed tight for 2 days and survived 2 showers and several hand-washing sessions.

The adhesive bands are transparent to the point that it was hard to notice that I was actually wearing a Band-Aid. Kids who like the colored variety may not appreciate this.

It's very easy to apply. I could do it with one hand without a problem remember, my cut was on a thumb.

It's easy to remove.

My skin is rather sensitive but I noticed only a very mild rash on the side of the thumb opposite to the wound, caused by the glue.

The added antibiotic seems to be quite effective at healing wounds faster.

Since it's medicated, it actually has an expiration date.

For those who understand what this means, the 'active ingredients' statement on the box says: Each gram of ointment contains Polymixin B Sulfate 10,000 units and Bacitracin Zinc 500 units in a special white petrolatum base.

0 comments:

Post a Comment