Ceralyte 70 Oral Rehydration Mix 50GM by Adventure Medical Kits

Ceralyte 70 Oral Rehydration Mix 50GM by Adventure Medical KitsThe instructions tell you to mix the contents of the package in 1/4 cup of warm water and then add more (cool) water after you get it dissolved. The first pack of lemon powder that I dumped into a measuring cup with exactly 1/4 cup of warm water immediately turned into a giant gooey blob, like the previous reviewer mentioned. After about 3-4 minutes of using a spoon to try and break the blob up (which insisted on sticking firmly to the spoon!), I finally just stuck my bare hand in the solution and tried to break it up by grinding it between my fingers. 6-7 minutes into this process, I finally had the goo mostly broken up. So I got another pack out for trial run #2, but this time I used about 1 cup of very warm water and attempted to vigorously stir the water with one hand while trying to dump very gradual, small amounts of the powder into the fast-moving water. This definitely worked better, but it would have been easier if I had three hands instead of two. This time the powder dissolved pretty well. I suppose if you were at home and had a blender handy, that would be the best way to mix this stuff. If you were in the backcountry and had only cool stream water to mix it with...well good luck! So problem number one is the difficulty in mixing. Problem number two was the absolutely horrendous taste...of the lemon anyway. I mean you mix this stuff up so that it's diluted in a full liter of water, so you have quite a task in front of you in terms of drinking disgusting tasting water when you're already possibly sick and nauseated. I'm very let down by this product. Maybe the proportions of ingredients are top notch in terms of electrolytes/glucose. I don't know. What I do know is that it's not very user friendly and tastes like a liquid turd! I'm going to start searching for another option for sure.

Instead of 3 packets of lemon, we received one lemon and 2 other unappealing sounding flavors. The powder does not dissolve easily, instead turning to goop. After I left it sitting for a few hours it did eventually dissolve, but still seemed like the contents were a bit old.

Buy Ceralyte 70 Oral Rehydration Mix 50GM by Adventure Medical Kits Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment