Summer Infant Baby's Health And Grooming Kit

Summer Infant Baby's Health And Grooming KitThis grooming kit is easy to travel with, and convenient since everything is kept is kept in the clear hard plastic case. The nail clippers, emery boards, and hair brush work really well. The nasal aspirator is decent, but the one we received free from the hospital works better. The thermometer is really cheap and never worked, but that didn't bother me much since we already had a different ear thermometerBraun IRT 4020 ThermoScan Ear Thermometer. We haven't used the medicine spoon, dropper, or swabs but I'm glad we have them on hand and accessible. This kit is less expensive than other kits, and overall I've been happy with it.

This is just another "kit" with very useless things in it. Honestly I only wanted the nail clippers and the brush/comb. I should have gone with a cuter set for a girl. I used the medication syringe for a med for my 4yo and it didn't even hold the medicine, it leaked out all over the place (no suction like a syringe should have). As a pediatric nurse I'd prefer a higher quality medication administration kit. Also the bulb syringe in this kit is small and won't be very useful. Use the one from the hospital if you deliver in one (we're having a homebirth and I ordered a hospital grade bulb syringe instead). This kit was a waste of money, in my opinion.

Buy Summer Infant Baby's Health And Grooming Kit Now

The nasal bulb is very hard to use. Only pieces I use most often is the nail cutter & comb, sometimes. Don't see much use of other pieces much, even if the kid is small.

Read Best Reviews of Summer Infant Baby's Health And Grooming Kit Here

Nasal aspirator (which is amazing), nail clippers and brush... that's the only items that worked. At the middle of the night, my 3m-old baby had a fever.. thermometer never worked, I had to use the family's one. After confirming fever and a quick call to the nurse, had to give him some medicine... but using the syringe was a NIGHTMARE and a big mess with medicine leaking all over the baby and all over my hands!! WE ended up using a spoon (not the one in the kit, which shows ml by halves like 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2 and so on.. and didn't want to guess where the 2ml mark was) I had to buy health care items separately. It was a little more expensive than the kit, but now I'm sure everything in the health care box works!

Want Summer Infant Baby's Health And Grooming Kit Discount?

I was gifted this from my registry and since baby was born I've used the following:

~comb: when oiling scalp and working out cradle cap

~brush: every night...it's great

~nose sucker: for the obvious

~nail clippers: also obvious, though I did ONCE nip a pinky tip the size of a pin prick, otherwise they work well

~nail files: when I decided it was too soon to use clippers

I doubt I'll ever use:

~thermometer: I bought a digital ear one

~syringe: it's not very ergonomic

Will one day use:

~medicine dispenser: once he's bigger...BUT I may buy one of those alligator ones that I remember from my childhood.

All in all, it's a decent value. You're not likely to put together the usable components for much less than the sum of $15 so if you want it all and a carrying case, I'd recommend this.

Save $0.01 Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment