Bathtub transfer Bench/Bath Chair With Back, Wide Seat, Adjustable Seat Height, Sure Gripped Legs,

Bathtub transfer Bench/Bath Chair With Back, Wide Seat, Adjustable Seat Height, Sure Gripped Legs, Lightweight, Durable, Rust-Resistant Shower BenchThis product was demonstrated to me at a nursing home as a great way for elderly or other disabled persons (especially after surgery) to enter a bath tub without worrying about lifting the leg too high and losing balance. I found the identical unit here at Amazon, and was thrilled that it was well made of plastic bench and back, sturdy aluminum supports, and has rubber feet that won't scratch the floor or tub or slip. The bench has drain holes in it to lessen puddling. It is inexpensive (about $70) with free shipping.

It comes unassembled, so putting it together does take some time, but not too bad. Basically screws washers and nuts. The handle can mount as shown in the picture, or also mount next to the chair back if you arrange the parts correctly (the mounting holes for the handle are pre-drilled on one pair of legs, but not on the other).

The recipient love it and feels safe using it.

This is a dangerous product and probably should be subject to product recall. The leg height adjustments are buttons inserted into holes in the legs. These buttons are on the inside of the legs of the unit. When we used the bench, the buttons on the room side of the bench pressed against the shower curb and caused the outside legs to slide into their outer housing. This caused the room side of the bench suddenly to collapse and very nearly dumped my 80-year old wife on the floor. If there hadn't been two of us assisting, she certainly would have fallen. Needless to say the bench has been returned. The only positive part of the experience was the ease of returning the item to Amazon.com.

Buy Bathtub transfer Bench/Bath Chair With Back, Wide Seat, Adjustable Seat Height, Sure Gripped Legs, Now

I'm a paraplegic since 1980 and need a shower chair to help me in my daily life. My old shower chair seat unexpectedly broke (after more than 12 years) and I needed a replacement in a hurry and couldn't afford to buy anything expensive, so when I saw this chair for $47 I grabbed it. The quality of construction seems solid enough, although there was a bit of a problem with the hardware assembly as mentioned in other reviews. Specifically, the chair comes with short, medium, and long length bolts. There is only about 1/4" 5/16" difference between the medium and long bolts. The hardware supplied with the chair came with 2 too few long bolts, and 2 too many medium bolts. Luckily for me, I had other bolts in the house and didn't need to buy more or return this chair because of something so trivial. ***The seller should take note of this hardware issue and correct the problem for future buyers.***

The chair is OK for the most part, except for 4 issues (for me), only one of which is serious in my opinion. The minor issues are 1) that the chair teeters because of the slope of the tub vs. the level floor until substantial weight is put on the chair forcing all 4 legs to touch, and 2) the way the seat is designed, it's impossible to securely tuck the shower curtain into the space between the outer transfer panel and the seat panel (which can cause a wet floor outside the tub), and 3) that the side handrail should be adjustable height. The major issue for me with this chair is that the seat is the most uncomfortable of any shower chair I've ever used in 30 years. Because of my paralysis my butt doesn't have a lot of meat on it to cushion me, and the hard plastic textured seat is extremely hard on my skin. I tend to be slow in the shower, taking on average about 20 minutes. After the first use with no cushioning under my butt, my skin literally had red pressure marks for about 3 days.

The seat panels are constructed of hollow injection molded plastic with a rough texture. They could greatly improve the comfort of this chair by molding a "butt" impression into the 2 halves of the plastic seat panels to distribute weight more evenly and reduce pressure spots, but then it would probably cost more because all 3 seat panels would all be different. Closed cell foam padding on the seat would also help a lot. I still do use this chair, but in order to prevent sores I have to use both a folded towel under me, with a cheap air cushion on top of that, and even using those, it's still not great. I do not look forward to my showers with this chair. Because of these issues I intend to repair my old chair and keep this primarily for an emergency spare, it's more than good enough for that.

Bottom line: If you just have weak legs, poor balance, or are just afraid of falling, this chair would probably be fine unless you are very heavy. BUT... If you are a para or quad or have skin breakdown issues and can afford to spend more, keep looking for something better if it's to be used long term. If you do have skin issues and buy this chair, get some cushioning for it. It's not a terrible chair, but it's far from the best.

Read Best Reviews of Bathtub transfer Bench/Bath Chair With Back, Wide Seat, Adjustable Seat Height, Sure Gripped Legs, Here

It was easy to assemble and is very adjustable to the height you need. I am an above-the-knee amputee. This was just what I needed to help me bathe when I got home from the hospital. I can transfer from the wheelchair to the shower bench with no problems whatsoever. It really helps in allowing for more privacy as I am the type of person who likes to do for herself.

Want Bathtub transfer Bench/Bath Chair With Back, Wide Seat, Adjustable Seat Height, Sure Gripped Legs, Discount?

This chair did not work for my parents. It slid every time my mom tried to get my dad on the chair. It slid both in the tub and on the floor. I would not recommend this transfer chair. The company that we purchased the chair from was great, however. They went out of their way to help us. They even sent us new legs to try and although we had to send everything back, we appreciated the assistance the company gave us.

Save 66% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment