Wrap-it Latex Free Compression Wrap, 3 Inch By 36 Inch

Wrap-it Latex Free Compression Wrap, Gray, 3 Inch By 36 InchWe purchased this to wrap a half-cast my husband had after recent wrist surgery. The black looked nicer than the ace-bandage tan color, and doesn't show dirt. Unfortunately, it is very bulky, so it's difficult to wrap in smaller areas like between the thumb and fingers.

The material is basically the "loop" portion of velcro, a fuzzy fabric that really holds on to things like cat hair and lint.

For users who are allergic to latex, this is a great alternative to an Ace bandage, for most other applications, I think a regular Ace would be better suited.

I tried first every ankle wrap I could purchase locally, however, those were made to include wrapping around my arch as well, as I just wanted a plain simple wrap around my ankle only, just like the wraps you can put around your wrist. I even tried a forearm wrap but that was too small and not enough holding power, plus I am allergic to latex.

So I came across these last summer here on amazon. Out of the box it isn't what I want, but I figured at less than $16, and with the right width of 3 inches, I could cut the wrap to the right length so I can wrap it solidly once around my ankle, and not have the bulk as the other reviewer here complained about.

I purchased 2. In the six months I have used it, so far I am on just the first one I cut to size and it is holding great. I did not find it a problem to seal the velcro part so that the edges do not poke into my skin. This is easily accomplished by purposefully pressing each edge inward around 1/8th of an inch in, and since the velcro sticks so well, the ends cause no harm when positioned like this. So for me it has been a win-win. Finally I can have just the ankle wrap, it stretches and can be wrapped tight enough, and the velcro has a super hold, that it stays in place even though I have on no socks or shoes, and walk around in my slides.

Last week my dog got a sprained front leg, and I found that the same wrap, cut to size, aids my dog in walking; however, yes, the wrap falls off my dog several times a day, but without he cried with each step, so that it was worth putting it back on for the support as many times as needed. Being a short-legged dachshund with lots of hair, it is a hard item to keep on, but again, even with the repeat needs to put on, it has helped my dog heal faster.

The win-win to me is the price is cheap enough that doesn't pain me to cut the wrap to size, and it has a stretchy and comfortable enough latex free material, coupled with the super-holding velcro seal, in the small width I want. That is why I give it 5-stars as I have found nothing like it for my ankle at this price level. Personally for me it has been wonderful, and has kept me from the previous ankle sprains I often got.

Buy Wrap-it Latex Free Compression Wrap, 3 Inch By 36 Inch Now

I bought two of these thinking it would solve the problem of constantly having to buy tape and/or deal with ace elastic bandages for my recovering broken ankle. Well, they are better than tape, but I think I'll stick to the old style elastic ace bandage. These are nothing more than stretchy Velcro loop with a strip of Velcro hook sewn on one end. Neat idea but they are not soft in the slightest, they are bulky so you can't wear them in a shoe, the ends and edges are sharp or rough and I find them to be about a foot too short to get a really good supporting wrap. Buy two and use them in series if you are wrapping anything more than a small person's ankle or a wrist. You can't stretch them very tight, unlike an elastic bandage. If you try to stretch them to get them longer they will be extremely tight after the fabric rests for a few minutes and it will start to cut off your circulation. And, since they are nothing more than very mean Velcro they grab and want to attach to all of the wrong things (carpet, clothes, socks, pet hair, furniture, etc).

I tried these for about a week and it just rubbed my skin raw and were very uncomfortable. I wound up having to wear a thin cotton sock under them to keep the edges from chewing up my skin or poking me. Don't even think about washing them to soften them up since they will grab EVERYTHING and ruin anything you put in the laundry with them.

The support is ok if you can get them wrapped *just* right, but i takes forever to adjust since you have to wrestle with the velcro hook which wants to grab and not let go. These might be great for others, but not for me.

Read Best Reviews of Wrap-it Latex Free Compression Wrap, 3 Inch By 36 Inch Here

I liked the item however 36 inches was not long enough for my purposes but would still recommend it. I knew when I purchased it that it may or may not be what I needed.

Want Wrap-it Latex Free Compression Wrap, 3 Inch By 36 Inch Discount?

0 comments:

Post a Comment