Polysporin Ointment, 1-Ounce Tube

Polysporin Antibiotic Ointment, First Aid, .5 oz.You must becareful using any topical ointment as they can cause a skin reaction. I did my dermatology rotation and they only ever advised vaseline because topical antibiotic ointments tend to have ingredients such as lanolin and/or mineral oil, substances noted to cause allergic skin reactions. Why I like this? Because the only inactive ingredient is white petroleum aka vaseline. No mineral oil or lanolin to be found. If you have sensitive also avoid balsam of peru.

Early this year, Polysporin was recommended by a dermatologist after I had a biopsy taken, to prevent an infection.

Just yesterday, a very small scratch on my hand came in contact with raw poultry. Even though I washed it many times with soap and water, within hours the cut started to show signs of infection: it turned bright red, it was no longer a thin pink scratch, but was now an area a little larger than a dime, and was getting swollen.

First I tried washing it with soap and water. No luck. Then, salt water solution. No luck. Tried rubbing alcohol. No luck. It was starting to look worse like it was getting larger. Reluctantly, I knew I had to use some sort of medicine although I try to use as little as humanly possible. Within 30 minutes of re-washing the wound with soap, applying the Polysporin ointment with a sterile gauze and tape, the area changed from bright red to light pink. Within a few hours, there was barely any pinkness left. By morning, you could only see the line of the scratch, but no sign of swelling, redness, no pink color it looks good.

It seems a good idea to keep changing the dressing twice a day, as my derm doc had me do for that biopsy site: washing the area with soap and water, drying it with a clean/sterile gauze, and then re-apply the polysporin covered with sterile gauze and tape to make sure it finishes healing, of course.

All in all, I think this Polysporin saved me a trip to the doc on Monday. Thank goodness for that! Highly recommended. Just make sure you don't use it for longer than a week unless your physician tells you to. The med is fairly powerful and not for long term use. It is never to be used internally, but is only approved for external use.

POLYSPORIN:

Active Ingredients: Each grams contains: Bacitracin Zinc (500 units), Polymyxin B Sulfate (10,000 units)

Compare with NEOSPORIN:

Active Ingredients: Each gram contains: Polymyxin B Sulfate (5,000 units), Bacitracin Zinc (400 units), Neomycin (3.5 mg)

Note that this Polysporin is a double antibiotic and contains MORE units of Bacitracin Zinc and Polymyxin B Sulfate than Neosporin ointment does. My dermatologist told me not to use the Triple Antibiotic Neosporin because the third antibiotic in Neosporin, Neomycin, is a common allergin for many people. Although anyone can be allergic to anything at all her recommendation was not to tempt fate by using a product with Neomycin at all especially since I tend to be allergic to almost everything.

Hope this helps you.

Buy Polysporin Ointment, 1-Ounce Tube Now

These are the larger tubes of Polysporin which, for me, is a necessity. I've used this product for over 20 years after a dermatologist recommended it after removing a basil cell cancer from my skin. I had one taken off previously. The scar looked and still looks terrible. I used this after the second excising and the scar was minimal. It's still there, but very light and with age has almost disappeared.

It's an an antibiotic gel. Since switching to it, I've never developed an infection in the cuts and have used it on scrapes, burns, and small cuts, as well as deep cuts that required stitches.

Most importantly to me is that it doesn't hurt when it comes in contact with the wound. I keep a tube everywhere -the bathrooms, the kitchen, my car, and my traveling kit.

Read Best Reviews of Polysporin Ointment, 1-Ounce Tube Here

Use instead of Neosporin on the recommendation of my dermatologist in case of possible allergy. Heals as well as Neosporin.

Want Polysporin Ointment, 1-Ounce Tube Discount?

My wounds always seem to heal faster and they do not get infected when I used Polysporin. I don't need the third ingredient from Neosporin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment