Dynarex Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad, Large, 10 boxes of 100 Pads per box

Dynarex Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad, Large, 10 boxes of 100 Pads per box**UPDATE: Each individual packet says "Made in USA", but the outer box says "Made in China". I emailed someone on the Dyanrex website to try to get a clarification and will update this as soon as I hear. If anybody else knows, please comment. For now, I'm lowering the five stars to four due to the confusion and concern. I'll update my review further after I find out anything. **UPDATE: Here's the response from the company:

Dynarex BZK wipes are actually manufactured in the USA. Sorry about the confusion on the packaging but we in the midst of changing that.--DYNAREX CORPORATION

-----

SAVE WITH BULK AMOUNT: I hesitated to buy these because I read a review once that Dynarex weren't going to be as good, so I tried small quantities of the higher-priced brands first, then finally ordered these. I am so glad I did, because so far, I see no difference whatsoever between the higher-priced brands. Since I go through so many, I'm glad to have found the most cost effective.

KILLS E. COLI BACTERIA: BZK wipes are the only type of intimate personal cleansing wipe (maternity use, etc.) I know of which claims to kill E. Coli if, like me, you get recurring E. Coli urinary tract infections. (It's important to wipe front-to-back when using them.) The active ingredient in Hygea Obstetrical wipes was the exact same as in the plain PDI or in this Dynarex brand: BZK = 0.13%.

STORAGE: To store so many, I found the most darling tiny dresser that fits in my tiny bathroom: Household Essentials Chest with 3 Drawers, Paper Rope.

HOSPITAL'S USE BZK WIPES: Professional and hospital use skin cleansing towelettes containing Benzalkonium Chloride. They use whenever antiseptic cleansing and refreshing is needed for patient care. I do worry about the long-term use as they are absorbed through sensitive skin--not sure what they will do to my body. But, right now, I have no choice in this battle against recurring E. Coli UTI's. Plus, I figure if doctor's offices use these, they must be safe.)

DESCRIPTION/QUALITY: None of the individually-packaged wipes were dried out in my first order. The wipes were generously moistened--almost dripping wet. They were not too small when unfolded, and not too large. They held up well during wiping--did not tear. No problems with shipping or delivery; arrived in good shape.

CONVENIENT: Individually wrapped for your convenience, making them portable. Also, less worries about them drying out or becoming contaminated. Individually wrapped is more hygienic.

INSTRUCTIONS: Use AFTER first wiping with toilet paper. Always wipe front-to-back. NOTE: If I ever need something bigger and more like a cloth than the BZK wipes, I like: Preparation H Medicated Hemorrhoidal Wipes with Witch Hazel and Aloe, 48-Count Refill for hygiene, (but I don't know if the witch hazel kills E. Coli or not).

WARNINGS:

-Flammable, keep away from fire or flame.

-Do not use in the eyes! (Don't forget and accidently wipe your face with these, keep away from your eyes.)

-For external use only. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

-Discontinue use if irritation and redness develop. If condition persists for more than 72 hours consult a doctor. NOTE: Since I had bothersome after-effects from the camphor/deodorizer, I am discontinuing use. The first time you use any product, test a small area first.

ABOUT E. COLI UTI's: E. Coli spreads from contamination from the intestines. It probably first originated from something you ate--make sure all meat is well-done and all fruits and veggies washed well before consuming. The teeny bacteria sometimes creep into the urinary tract, wreaking havoc as they infect the bladder, then become dangerous--sometimes even life-threatening, when they've infected your kidneys. A routine urine test often won't show them... But if they grow a culture for a few days from your urine test, then the little buggers more easily show up. Antibiotics kill it, but in some cases, they become resistant to the antibiotic. Holding in urine too long can help E. Coli spread. Taking a bath rather than a shower can increase chances of reinfection; as can sex. Probiotics help boost your immune system, but do not cure them if you're already infected. Cranberry supposedly makes it harder for the E. Coli to cling to your body, so it's easier to urinate them out. But cranberry can also increase kidney stone formation and blockages make E. Coli harder to kill. Extreme hygiene is essential. Using wipes with BZK to kill the E. Coli, helps in the preventative battle.

BONUS INFO--HOW TO DEAL WITH DOUBTING DOCTORS about CHRONIC E. Coli UTIs: If the doctor balks that E.Coli UTI must be recurring due to outside contamination from your poor personal hygiene, and it would be rare for the positive urine culture to mean that your bladder truly is infected again, insist that the nurse draw the urine directly from your bladder with a straight cath, to prove to the doctor that you indeed are infected internally yet again. It only takes a few minutes lying back on the table right in the exam room and doesn't hurt. (I am so glad I insisted on this, it made a world of difference in how my Urologist took me more seriously.)

IMPORTANT: Recently, it was in the news that a lady in Maine DIED from an E. Coli UTI, and the article said it was getting more and more dangerous, so this is not something you should let go. Some of us may have to join the ranks of those taking a low-dose daily antibiotic to fend off the recurring E. Coli UTIs, if all else fails, sigh. Hope this helps someone. NOTE: I'm still getting recurrances, so may soon have to join the growing ranks of those having to take a daily low-dose antibiotic, sigh. People like us use BZK wipes EVERY time we use the restroom in this ongoing battle to kill off E. Coli.

OTHER PRODUCTS I'VE USED TO TRY TO PREVENT E. COLI RECURRING:

-PDI or Dynarex BZK Antiseptic Towelettes

-HandClens Alcohol-Free 2 in 1 Foaming Hand Sanitizer & Lotion, 8-Ounce Bottles

-Dial Professional 02936 Dial Complete Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash Pump

-Hibiclens Antimicrobial and Antiseptic Skin Cleanser

-Preparation H Medicated Hemorrhoidal Wipes with Witch Hazel and Aloe.

-Probiotics to keep healthy bacteria growing to fight-off bad bacteria. I use Ultimate Flora Critical Care oral probiotic daily. Once a month, I use FloraFemme vaginal suppository. Every 2 to 3 months I'll add in a treatment of Luvena vaginal pre-biotic.

-NOTE: I was trying daily Lakewood PURE Cranberry Juice, 32-Ounce Bottles watered down with a little Diet Ocean Spray cranberry juice and also tried cranberry pills; but had to cut down to once a week due to potential side effect of formation of kidney stones.

-BONUS INFO: (If your UTI's are related to kidney stone obstructions, did you know that hyperparathyroidism--benign tumor on your PARATHYROID, not thyroid--might be the root cause of your kidney stones and a multitude of other serious health problems? A simple blood test for PTH and calcium will diagnose if kidney stones are because of parathyroid disease. If both are high, you have a tumor and get thee to the Parathyroid unit at Tampa General Hospital in Florida for an easy outpatient removal. Hope this helps someone!) Stopping obstructions will HELP in the fight against recurring UTI's, I've been told.

Though price is low, the pads are made in China and I am not feeling confident with quality, especially safety due to alcohol is involved. When I was placing the order, the pads were stated as made in the USA by amazon.com. (Otherwise I would not consider at all if pads were made in China or no manufacturing origin was written.) I was very surprised by realizing these pads are made in China. As reports regarding safety in China's products in question or health hazard are always alerted, these pads are unlikely a consideration anymore.

In fact, the papers of these pads are rough and they might hurt the wounds, skin of patients. I am not sure what kind of alcoholic smell is good or normal but it has a smell which is faintly different from the pads which are made in USA. If I need to judge, absolutely, US manufacturing alcohol pads are recommended.

Buy Dynarex Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad, Large, 10 boxes of 100 Pads per box Now

I use these pads in an early childhood setting to keep things clean. They were delivered on time and the pads were just what I was looking for. This was the easiest way for me to get these in bulk.

Read Best Reviews of Dynarex Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad, Large, 10 boxes of 100 Pads per box Here

I think I expected a larger pad in general... they really are more like a teeny bit bigger than medium. But that's not the real complaint. These pads have a funny "aftersmell" which I really don't like. Smells weird, like... well, not like alcohol. I've not experienced that with many other pads I have purchased in the past. They do the job.

Want Dynarex Sterile Alcohol Prep Pad, Large, 10 boxes of 100 Pads per box Discount?

We were restocking our first aid kids and "Go Bags" and got these so that there are sterile single uses prepacked in each kit for every adult, each car, the RV and our house First Aid kit. Perfect size, not too small when you use them.

Save 26% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment