Thermal-Aid Bears: Natural Heating and Cooling Packs for Kids

Thermal-Aid Blue Bear: BuckleyNot safe!

Just bought 2 of these for little girls, ages 6 and 8. The first few times they were microwaved they were fine, however, after using them several times, one of them came out of the microwave very hot, then suddenly began smoking and giving off awful fumes.

It just got hotter and hotter, and began to ignite. We tossed it out into the snow, where it smoldered and burned for over 20 minutes. It wasn't the corn part that burnt, but the head of the bear. I will return this to the store where it was purchased, but I strongly advise against letting a child use these. The warning (in tiny print on the tag) says not to let any part of the bear touch the sides of the microwave. It is possible this is what happened, but this might be difficult to prevent on a small turntable in a microwave.

I have a feeling these will not be on the market long. Buyer, beware!

This bear, when you heat it, smells like burned popcorn. I bought it for my daughter's birthday, and she hates the smell and won't use it. Her little brother got a stuffed dog that you heat up for Christmas and it smells like lavender. It is also soft and cuddly. This bear has thin fabric, like a cheap washcloth, and it is not cuddly. I thought it would be good to buy something "natural" and "made in America", but I was wrong. Gross bear, don't buy this stinky product!!

Buy Thermal-Aid Bears: Natural Heating and Cooling Packs for Kids Now

Luckily I bought this for $7 at a superstore that sells bulk stuff. Cause had I paid $20 for it, I would send it back. For spending 6 hours I'm the deep freeze, the coolness is vague and lasts a short while, less than an hour before he needs to be chilled. I suffer from chronic migraines. I like the weight of it so I can lay down with it resting on my head, but the chill factor is very low and BEAR-ly noticeable. I love a good pun. I haven't needed to heat him up, so I don't know how well that works, but if the chill factor is an indication, not gonna even bother. Bummer.

Read Best Reviews of Thermal-Aid Bears: Natural Heating and Cooling Packs for Kids Here

Love the bear! I wish the whole bear had corn/beans inside instead of the stuffing in the head, legs, and arms.

Want Thermal-Aid Bears: Natural Heating and Cooling Packs for Kids Discount?

We used the bear hot pack 2-4 times a day. There was a distinct smoky odor from the first time we microwaved. We quickly noticed that the head of the bear got much warmer than the body, but would also cool quickly. The smoky smell grew a little stronger every time we microwaved it, until this morning when the nose of the bear came out singed and smoldering (with a pungent smell, that's still on my hands). I had to soak the head in cold water to stop the smoking. The burn appears to run through the bear's head. The head's filling is supposed to be cotton batting, so I suspect that some adulteration (paper, metal or cigarette butt) got manufactured into our bear and eventually burned through.

0 comments:

Post a Comment