Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace

Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace-Small-RightI'll preface this review by saying that I MAY have needed a smaller size--I ordered the "standard" size--I'm a women's size 8 wide shoe and a "big" girl, so the small seemed unlikely to fit. I do have quite narrow heels, but not freakishly so....it just didn't work for me.

I tried every way of adjusting the straps, I tried with the shoe and without the shoe, a sock under and a sock over, an ace wrap around the outside to pull it together more....frankly, the slippery plastic covering the air cells, combined with the fact that the lowest strap sits significantly ABOVE the ankle allowed my foot and ankle to twist all over the place inside this brace. I honestly got better support and more wobble restriction from a regular Ace wrap than with this--I finally ended up in this ridiculous walking-boot-cast thing, but I can walk around like a normal person without a cane or walker for the first time in six months.

The brace SEEMS like it should absolutely keep one's ankle from flexing sideways, but at least for me, that wasn't the case.

My chiropractor recommended the brace for a displaced fracture. Only thing to remember is that you don't have full range of motion and if you wear it too long in your shoe, it's a bit uncomfortable. However, he price was right and did the job.

Buy Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace Now

This product is sooo comfortable. The fit is great. It is better then using an ankle wrap. I do reccomend that it be worn with a sock to keep the plastic liner away from the skin

Read Best Reviews of Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace Here

Right after a sprain and during the early recovery stage, this brace is great. I appreciate the rigid support, which helps healing and prevents re-injury. It is something to wear only when needed so the muscles get used normally at other times. It fits into my tennis shoes, but, unfortunately, not into my tighter hiking boots. I don't wear it often and have not used it a long time, so I can not speak to the problem some people have had with the little piece that goes under the foot breaking. For preventing re-injury during a later stage of recover, the ASO Ankle Stabilizer brace (without the plastic inserts)would be better.

Want Aircast Air-Stirrup Ankle Brace Discount?

This did not work for me. It was too cumbersum, hard to keep in place, uncomfortable to wear. Very disappointing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment