AAA 4324AAA Medium Duty 12' 8 Gauge Booster Cable

AAA 4324AAA Medium Duty 12' 8 Gauge Booster CableMy car died the other day so I took out my handy-dandy booster cables and using my sister-in-law's car I gave myself a boost. Actually I TRIED to give myself a boost but they did not work. They had worked in the past but in this case my battery was totally drained (guess I left something running) and needed more juice than usual. So I sat and revved and sat and revved for 30 minutes trying to send enough juice from her car to mine but...nothing. I feared at this point that maybe it was something other than the battery but I figured, "let me get a decent pair of cables and try again. If not, I'll get a tow". I don't know what the gauge was on the cables I had but I'm sure they were crappy because they were "Made In China" and bought at a discount store for $15 or something like that. One other gripe is that they were super-short. My battery is in front of the driver's seat in the engine bay and my sister-in-law's is the same. But the stupid things would not reach from one battery to the other with the cars parked right next to each other. I had to turn her car around facing the wrong way down a one-way street to get them to reach.

So I got them two days later (Amazon Prime). Figured 6 Gauge was strong enough for my SUV and 16' was long enough to reach the full length of the car so if I was in my driveway and it died, someone could pull up behind me and the cables would reach (by the way, for those who don't know much about cars, batteries, wiring or gauge, the lower the number, the better). First thing I noticed when I got them was that they are a nice fat gauge with a thick rubber coating. So far so good. But when I saw the cables were not as long as I thought they'd be I said, "crap!" But then I realized they hadn't been fully unfurled. When I DID stretch them out to the full 16' of length my "crap!" turned to "HOLY CRAP!" because I was excited and happy. Then I hooked them up. Clamp was superbly insulated, very sturdy and had a good grip. Within THREE MINUTES my totally dead battery had enough charge to turn the car over. Couldn't be more happy! I also learned a lesson (that I've learned many times in the past but keep forgetting)...you get what you pay for. These are quality cables and not that expensive. Stay away from cheaper items and BUY THESE.

Oh, and as for the few bad reviews (and pics) about exposed metal on the clamp, well, let me just say that most booster cables have ALL of the teeth exposed and only insulate the handles. These insulate the entire handle and most of the clamp. There are cables you can buy that have the entire clamp insulated but those can be hard to connect and cost more. These expose only a small amount of copper making it easy for you to get the metal from the clamp hooked onto the metal battery terminal. You'd have to be a complete klutz to accidentally touch the small amount of exposed copper from the positive and negatives. Even then, you may see sparks fly but most of the time it will not short the good battery, that's pretty rare unless they are actually touching each other for a long time. Most times when people cross the polarities, the natural human reaction is to pull them apart and there's no ill-effect on the good battery. But again, it's not likely to happen with these AWESOME cables.

I was about to buy the Cole's heavy duty booster cable until I read one of the reviewers mention that its clamping jaws do NOT close enough for use with smaller batteries (such as motorcycle batteries).

So I bought this one from AAA instead. I am glad to say the clamps do close tightly (unlike the Cole's which leave a small gap in between). The quality is just as good as the other more expensive ones.

Very satisfied with this AAA booster cable.

Buy AAA 4324AAA Medium Duty 12' 8 Gauge Booster Cable Now

this is a nice set of cables. very bulky and quality construction. nice carry case too. i'm pretty sure this is the last set of these i will ever buy.

Read Best Reviews of AAA 4324AAA Medium Duty 12' 8 Gauge Booster Cable Here

The lower the gauge, the faster the charge tranfers. Made for SUV's and large cars, but great for cars of all sizes. It comes with a bag for easy storage. We don't always park our vehicles in a convenient spot for boosting, but the 16 foot cable makes the process easier.

Want AAA 4324AAA Medium Duty 12' 8 Gauge Booster Cable Discount?

There is a reason that this product has almost all five star reviews. It works great. Over the years I have tried various booster cables and likes these the best. Here is why:

1. These are 6 gauge. That means more power is transmitted. The 16' length should be fine for most situations.

2. The clamps are easy to use and attach securely to the battery terminals.

3. The carrying case is durable, and you can coil the cables after use to fit them back into the case so long as you coil them carefully.

Bottom line: If you are looking for battery booster cables for your car, this product is what you need.

Save 11% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment