Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Mirasorb Gauze Sponges, 4 Inch x 4 Inch, 50 Count

Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Mirasorb Gauze Sponges, 4 Inch x 4 Inch, 50 Count(#1 REVIEWER)I recently fell and gouged my leg. It was a nasty cut on my shin, which was 3.5 inches long and about ¼ wide. I had trouble finding a good bandage big enough to keep the wound protected. These Johnson&Johnson pads were the only ones that worked well and had a reasonable cost. I used them both to clean my wound as well as to keep it covered to protect from being touched by the pant legs. The gauze pads are very absorbent yet provided some ventilation for the wound as well.

Photo attached: an individual pad next to the box.

They were easy to work with. I attached them to the leg with paper tape. This method was secure and not irritating to the skin.

Cleaning the wound after injury is very important. I did not do it quite right and that resulted in an infection, which took several weeks to cure. Here is the wound cleaning procedure that my doctor gave me along with the anti-biotic to cure the infection:

1. Wash your hands thoroughly using plenty of soap and warm water. Rinse and dry with clean towel.

2. Assemble all of your supplies such as cleaning solutions so that you don't have to move or interrupt the procedure.

3. Remove old dressing by loosening all of the tape. Pull all tape ends gently toward the wound so that you won't disturb the healing process by pulling the healing edges apart.

4. When all tape is loosened remove all dressings, one layer at a time, and discard into plastic disposal bag.

5. Pick up a mirasorb gauze sponge by one end and dip it into the cleansing solution recommended by your doctor.

6. Clean wound by stroking gently in a circular motion. Do not scrub back and forth, especially across incision line.

7. Repeat this process using clean sponge until entire wound is cleaned.

8. Pat dry wound using a clean sponge.

9. Discard used sponge in a plastic bag.

I have bought these for many years as the only sterile sponge/wipes that do not irritate private parts when continuously exposed to them. The Amazon deal brought them to about half the price of pharmacies, so that is a great deal.

Buy Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Mirasorb Gauze Sponges, 4 Inch x 4 Inch, 50 Count Now

Quality product, individually wrapped 2 per package, 3 boxes cellophane sealed for "sterile" assurance. Perfect size for all types of scrapes, scratches, and wound sponging.

Read Best Reviews of Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Mirasorb Gauze Sponges, 4 Inch x 4 Inch, 50 Count Here

The picture for this product is wrong. The product itself is very good. These are thick, absorbent sterile gauze pads. A really good 4 X 4 size. I wouldn't use them to pack a small wound, but a mid-to-large would be fine because these are absorbent. Really like these pads.

Want Johnson & Johnson Red Cross Mirasorb Gauze Sponges, 4 Inch x 4 Inch, 50 Count Discount?

These gauze pads are only half the thickness of the J&J ones labeled as Hospital Grade Gauze Pads. I needed to use 2 for each dressing change. They are okay if you have a non draining wound and just need a cover to keep it clean. If the wound is wet or needs a moist ointment, I recommend getting the other type. I purchased them thinking I was getting so much more for the money than the hospital grade gauze pads. These come packaged 2 to a pouch, so I assume you are expected to use 2 of them at a time. If you have to use 2, they are more costly than the others. If I need large bandages in future, I will stick with the hospital grade gauze pads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment