Pro-Tec Athletics Ankle Wrap

Tandem Ankle Wrap - SIZE: SmallI purchased this ankle wrap for my 16 year old son who plays soccer and has experienced many ankle injuries. He made it through an Indoor and a Spring season with no injuries, so in my opinion, the wrap did just what we had hoped for. It was easy to put on and slim enough to fit into his soccer shoe. The only color available when we purchased it was white and it was constantly dirty and impossible to get clean, but I don't think this bothered my son at all. If I were purchasing it again, however, I would aim for black. The velcro fastening also came loose a couple of times during games, particularly if we weren't vigilant about picking all of the turf and grass out of the velcro. I would recommend this product as it definitely seemed to help us avoid a lot of doctor visits!

It keeps your ankle so secure, but I wouldn't recommend it for soccer players to use in-game. It's a little bulky for soccer shoes, and offers very little ankle mobility which is kind of the point. It's almost a little too tight for me, and starts cutting off circulation, so I'd go a size larger than you'd think.

Buy Pro-Tec Athletics Ankle Wrap Now

I like this ankle wrap. I tore my peronious tendon and my orthopedist suggested I wear an ankle brace during tennis matches. This wrap was a better choice for me than the more elaborate lacing/velcro ankle braces that provide extra support but are more time-consuming to put on. I prefer this wrap's shorter profile so I can wear it under my sock. I also favor its smooth lycra liner that keeps my ankle warm and snug with no rubbing.

Read Best Reviews of Pro-Tec Athletics Ankle Wrap Here

I bought this ankle brace as I have been having pain. The concept is great but the brace itself is not comfortable on the bottom of my foot. It'd be nice to find a brace that was less bulky and thinner. Seems like it worked as the pain I originally felt was better but the uneven-ness due to the bulkiness of the wrap made my run uncomfortable, even more uncomfortable than not wrapping my foot. Nice concept but too much going on.

Want Pro-Tec Athletics Ankle Wrap Discount?

I'm initially giving it three stars because I can immediate notice that the ankle brace is going to provide the moderate level of support and protection that it is designed for; however, Pro Tec did mess up on the sizing (that's why I pinged them down). Be careful if you are in-between size or have wide feet.

I haven't fully test drove the ankle braces yet, but just opened the package and yes, Pro Tec definitely missed the mark on the sizing (as a previous review mentioned). I wear a size 10.5 Nike athletic shoe (medium width) and could NOT fit into the medium size. I ordered both the medium and large, just in case. I might be returning the medium size (or maybe just hang on to them for my young boys). Please make sure to order the next size up if you within a size or two "tweener." Based of the tightness of the medium, I would say the medium would best fit men's feet that are up to size 10 (but not greater).....if you have wide feet and you're a size 9 or 9.5, you might seriously consider the large size.

For me (10.5 D width), the large felt just right.....again, if you a size 12/13 or greater, you might be out of luck using these things because the neoprene will be too tight. Immediately, you're best using these ankle wraps directly against your feet and have the sock go OVER your wrap. I notice the velcro tabs are not as "sticky" as other velcro tabs (and smaller in size too) on other braces/wraps. If you use this particular wrap on the outside of your sock, I'm afraid the velcro tabs are going to come loose or pop off. One of the improvements Pro-Tec can make is to make the velcro tabs just a square with more material....it doesn't have to be triangle shape (I don't know the mechanical point of this).

I'll give the braces a good test drive over the next few weeks and provide greater commentary and feedback stay tuned. Again, this is wrap is geared towards moderate and medium support (similar to the Tru-Fit and/or McDavid andjustable ankle wrap from my previous review and comments). Yes, it provides some support and protection for non-contact sports (i.e. tennis), but not level 3 (or superior/maximum) support and protection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment