Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer, 1.7 Ounce

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging UV Moisturizer, SPF 15, 1.7 OunceI used this morning cream along with their night cream.

problem:

I'm a 65 yo male that has always had a ruddy complexion. I wore a cervical neck collar for about 6 years, plus losing about 100 pounds about 2 years ago. My neck was an over abundance of loose saggy skin.

I used both the day and night creams. I just wiped it on w/o paying much attention to how I did it.

RESULT after 1 month:

Nearly all that saggy neck skin tightened. It unbelievable.

plus-

I've received comments from three different people who commented, "you look great what have you done to your face and neck!" THAT SAYS IT ALL>

I'll definitely reorder these two products.

I had severe acne as a teenager and now that I'm in my 30's I have an occasional breakout. I would always read in the beauty magazines that you should apply a moisturizer on your face but I was reluctant because of my acne-prone skin. I'm not sure why I decided to give Olay Total Effects a try but I am so glad I did. I have been using it every day for over a year now. It does not make my skin breakout at all (a big plus in my book). It makes my skin very smooth and gives me that "dewy" look. It also helps my foundation look more natural looking because the moisturizer is so hydrating. I also like the fact that it protects my skin from the sun.

I would definately recommend this product to anyone looking for a moisturizer. Despite it's high price (compared to other brands) it's definately worth it.

Buy Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer, 1.7 Ounce Now

Like any woman, I scrutinize my face on a regular basis and when I began to notice laugh lines and small, long creases in my forehead at just 29 years of age, I freaked a little. Then I began shopping around for a good anti-aging moisturizer. Knowing how much I love Olay moisturizer (I've been using their original beauty fluid since I was 16) and how gentle it's been on my skin, I decided to see what they had to offer and came across the Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Moisturizer with SPF 15. Deciding to give it a try, I bought it on May 21st and was eager to add it to my regime the moment it arrived on my doorstep.

This particular moisturizer in Olay's vast line of products is purported to do the following:

1) Minimize the appearance of fine lines

2) Nourish the skin with rich moisturization

3) Enhance and even out skin tone

4) Gently exfoliate

5) Minimize and refine pores

6) Defense against free radicals

7) Subtle "lifting" of the skin for a more youthful appearance

It claims to do all this with sunscreen (to prevent the aging effects of UV damage), vitamins (B3, B5 and E, which all hydrate and improve circulation) and anti-oxidants.

Upon my first application, I noticed that it wasn't as light as the original beauty fluid, that it in fact felt thicker, almost like the consistency of your basic sunscreen (it even smells like one). However, I chose to look past this, as it is a different product with different intended effects.

What I couldn't look past was a light dermatitic rash over almost all of my face just a few days into a once-daily application. I immediately ceased use of this product today after reading the warning label (which specifically said to discontinue use if signs of a rash or irritation appear) and I'm disappointed that I have to surrender the entire bottle to my trash can (it's like throwing away money it's a little painful).

Knowing my personal history and the fact that I have slightly sensitive skin, I speculated whether this rash could possibly be due to the combination of sunscreen agents in the product (4% octisalate, 2% avobenzone, 1% ensulizole, 1% octocrylene, all of which can cause rashes in some people). I have used one other Olay product with sunscreen in it (Olay Complete UV Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 15) and did not have a reaction so it's hard to pinpoint the cause even when looking at the complete ingredient list of this moisturizer on their website ( Due to this unfortunate adverse side effect, I am unable to say whether or not this moisturizer's anti-aging properties are effective.

I shall let this product review serve as a cautionary tale to people with sensitive skin that the Olay Total Effects line may not be the right choice for them. It certainly wasn't for me.

Read Best Reviews of Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer, 1.7 Ounce Here

In my late twenties, I tried just about every moisturizer I could find including rarified ingredient boutique lotions but my skin remained dry, hot, itchy, flaky, and I was seeing laugh lines around my eyes. I was about to give up hope until my mother, who likes to shop at dollar stores, came to visit and bought me this at the full $20 price. I have been using Oil of Olay Total Effects ever since. I am hesitant to even try the regenerist because I like this so well. On the occasions I do try other lotions, they never measure up.

My skin thanked me after the first application. After a few days, it looked better, was less red, less chapped. Within a month or two (or less, I don't remember after 7 years) I had no lines near my eyes, my skin feels soft and comfortable unless I abuse it. When I abuse it, this lotion makes it feel better. People consistently guess my age to be 5-8 years younger than I am even though I have grey hair. While they swear it's not because of the immaturity, it's either that or OoO T.E. lotion.

I almost never need more than a tiny amount the size of a pencil eraser to cover my face, neck and hands. (Keep the cap or it dries out.) I use this UV version in the morning and a non-UV version at night. I recommend it to anyone looking for a facial moisturizer that works as good or better than advertised. Absolutely worth the money.

2012 update: Still using this product and still highly recommend it, but sometimes switch it up with the Regenerist (comes in a similar container but squirts out the top) which I can now also recommend. Just had several people my age (near 40 now, when did that happen?), and the lady doing my facial tell me that I have wonderful, young looking skin and again guess that I'm years younger than I am. I have minimal wrinkling and my skin feels good. I don't have a problem using either product near my eyes. I do have some coloration problems after a tanning situationthe Regenerist may be slightly better for coloration issues, but I can't say for sure. I get an even silkier feel to my skin from the Regenerist. Don't forget to moisturize your neck and hands, everyone!

Want Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer, 1.7 Ounce Discount?



The accompanying video compares and contrasts three different Olay face creams:

Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Aging: daily UV moisturizer + SPF 15, fragrance free

Olay Definity: Correcting protective lotion with SPF 15

Olay Regenerist: DNA superstructure UV cream SPF 25

Please note:

1. I made an error in the video in describing all three lotions as having an SPF of 15. The Regenerist product actually has an SPF of 25 and the other 2 are SPF 15.

2. In the video, I incorrectly noted that 2 of the 3 were sold as anti-aging products when in fact I realized afterwards that all 3 are anti-aging products.

3. The size of all 3 products reviewed was the 1.7 fluid ounce bottle.

4. All 3 products contain a warning to "AVOID CONTACT WITH EYES." Given that these are anti-aging products, and I (and I think most women) use them around the eyes, it is a warning worth noting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment