First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit

First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit
  • Full-fledged, easy-to-tote First Aid softpack
  • Contains 118 physician-recommended supplies
  • Medicine, antiseptics, bandages, injury treatments, and more
  • Perfect for car, boat, home, or backpack
  • This item is not for sale in Catalina Island

I bought this kit for my work desk. I'm pretty much the go-to girl for medical needs, and I don't count on the receptionist staff to keep the company's own hard first-aid kit well-stocked. This is kit is inexpensive enough that I don't mind sharing when something is needed.

There are a few things of my own that I added, nothing expensive, but to round out the kit. I share what I added to help anyone out w/ setting up their "ideal" kit, because no matter how good a kit is that you buy, inevitably something is lacking. Everything I added is easily found OTC. I added a packet of Dayquil (for allergies & colds coming on), a small box of anti-diarrheal medicine, 2 Naproxen Sodium pills (pain relief), a digital thermometer, a tube of Orajel (tooth/gum/mouth pain), a packet of Pepto-Bismol chewables (gas, bloating, acid reflux, etc.), a large waterproof adhesive bandage & an Ace wrap.

This is the kit I chose to buy for my grandmother, my aunt & uncle & my best friend, as wellthat is how helpful & great I think that the kit is. For very little money spent, I have piece of mind that people I love will also have a lot of important first-aid pieces (which would cost far more if bought separately) readily available to them now. You can't put a price on peace of mind, knowing that what's needed in an emergency (or even just for a minor cut or burn) is readily at hand.

Below is a complete listing of what's in this first-aid kit:

Medicine, Antiseptics

*6 Ibuprofen tablets

*6 Extra-strength non-aspirin tablets

*6 Aspirin tablets

*3 Insect sting relief pads

*6 Antibiotic ointment packs

*14 Alcohol cleansing pads

*15 Antiseptic cleansing wipes (sting free)

*2 First aid/burn cream packs

*1 Burn relief pack

Bandages

*75 Plastic bandages, 3/4" x 3"

*20 Fabric bandages, 3/4" x 3"

*30 Plastic bandages, 1" x 3"

*10 Fabric bandages, 1" x 3"

*2 Elbow & knee plastic bandages, 2" x 4"

*50 Junior plastic bandages, 3/8" x 1 1/2"

*4 Knuckle fabric bandages

*4 Fingertip fabric bandages

*1 Patch bandage, 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"

Dressings

*1 Instant cold compress

*1 Emergency blanket, 38" x 60"

*3 Moleskin squares, 2" x 2" (blister prevention)

*3 Butterfly wound closures

*2 Finger splints, 6" x 3/4"

*2 First aid tape rolls, 1/2" x 5 yd.

Injury Treatment

*1 Trauma pad, 5" x 9"

*1 Sterile eye pad

*6 Gauze dressing pads, 2" x 2"

*4 Gauze dressing pads, 3" x 3"

*2 Gauze dressing pads, 4" x 4"

*1 Conforming gauze roll bandage, 2"

References, Instruments

*1 American Medical Association First Aid Guide

*1 Thermometer, one time use

*2 Latex-free exam quality vinyl gloves

*1 Scissors

*1 Tweezers, plastic

*10 Cotton-tipped applicators, 3"

*1 Durable clear-pocket softpack.

Buy First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit Now

I got this thing as my kit for 2-3 hiking trips. As my small crew's designated "medic" (basically the guy most comfortable with first aid, and by far the most training), I have been satisfied with this kit. While I've luckily not had to use it often in it's intended role, the few times that I have busted it out it's proved to be ideal.

It's primary focus is on common bandages, but that's the thing you're going to use the most and I appreciate that they didn't skimp out. There's also a number of "one off" items (Cold pack, thermometer, Survival blanket, Trauma pad) that are situational in nature, but still important to have 'just in case...' It is by no means a comprehensive kit for anything outside of basic first aid, but it gives enough capability that it gives me confidence hiking this thing into the woods with two firecraft freaks who tend to find new and interesting ways to cut themselves.

Critical Analysis:

-It does provide far more bandages than you could reasonably expect to expend compared to antiseptic wipes and antibiotic ointments. I added in a tube of Neo.

-The tweezers are laughable (cheep cheep cheep plastic) and I threw them away in favor of cheep metal ones from a drug store.

-The scissors cut, but it's worth seeing if they cut well enough for you, or replacing them with something more to your taste.

-The soft case is cheep, but it works and organizes the pack well. I tend to drop the whole kit into a gallon freezer style ziplock bag for some added water resistance.

-Kit includes Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, but no antihistamine.

-Two mini rolls of 'medical' tape are not very wide at all, good for bandage tie down, but bad for any kind of 'ace' bandage like wrapping. I threw in a small roll of athletic tape to augment it.

Conclusion:

If you get this kit, expect to change out a few things, add a few things, and tailor it to what you're doing. It will give you a solid foundation to build on, and for 90% of what you need, it's got you covered fine.

Read Best Reviews of First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit Here

This review is for; First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit

I bought this first aid kit to keep in my vehicle in case of unexpected emergencies. It comes in a soft, double-zippered case that is waterproof. There are actually 298 pieces stored in the soft case which makes the complete kit 299 pieces if you count the bag as well. It contains pretty much all the basic things you might need for a basic emergency. I like the fact that it has fabric bandages in addition to plastic bandages. Be advised of the aspirin, non-aspirin tablets & Ibuprofen tablets that are included as they have a limited expiration date (the set that I have expire in less than two years). Modestly, the first aid kit also comes with a 37-page booklet on over 20 basic, first aid procedures such as CPR, treating burns, cuts, poisonous animal or insect bites and other various, medical treatments. The booklet has outlined steps for what to do for each treatment and some black & white photos.

The only things I don't like about this kit are the plastic tweezers & the one-time use thermometer which you can easily replace with better ones. I also don't like the fact that a simple bottle of eye-wash (or Visene) wasn't included, but a sterile eye pad was included. Although there is a very generous amount of items included it seems very compressed in the modest-sized bag with some clear pocket dividers making you wonder if you can spill all the items on the ground in the heated rush of a hasty, medical emergency as you dig through the kit to quickly find what you need.

Overall, I do like the soft, double-zippered case the kit comes in as I prefer the soft case compared to the larger, plastic-snap cases that I assume may break at the hinges after repeated openings & closings. The case that I have is bright orange with silver reflective strips which is an alternate color to the blue case pictured. I posted pictures above of my orange case which I think is cooler looking than the blue case. Not sure if you have a choice of color if you buy this online as I bought my kit from a local store. Despite the minor negatives I still found this first aid kit to be an excellent value for the price. Hopefully I will never have to use it, but I have a better piece of mind that I have it in case that I do.

Here's a list of the 299 pieces;

6 Ibuprofen tablets, 6 extra-strength non-aspirin tablets, 6 aspirin tablets, 3 insect sting relief pads, 6 anti-biotic ointment pads, 14 alcohol cleansing pads, 15 antiseptic cleansing wipes, 2 first aid/burn cream packs, 1 burn relief pack, 75 plastic bandages ¾" X 3", 20 fabric bandages ¾" X 3", 30 plastic bandages 1" X 3", 10 fabric bandages 1" X 3", 2 elbow & knee plastic bandages 2" X 4", 50 junior plastic bandages 3/8" X 1-1/2", 4 knuckle fabric bandages, 4 fingertip fabric bandages, 1 patch bandage 1-1/2" X 1-1/2", 1 instant cold compress, 1 emergency blanket 38" X 60", 3 moleskin squares 2" X 2" (blister prevention), 3 butterfly wound closures, 2 finger splints 6" X ¾", 2 first aid tape rolls ½" x 5 yd., 1 trauma pad, 1 sterile eye pad, 6 gauze dressing pads 2" X 2", 4 gauze dressing pads 3" X 3", 2 gauze dressing pads 4" X 4", 1 conforming gauze roll bandage 2", 1 first aid guide, 1 thermometer (one time use), 2 latex-free exam quality vinyl gloves, 1 metal scissors, 1 plastic tweezers, 10 cotton-tipped applicators and one soft-pack case with clear internal pockets.

Want First Aid Only All-purpose First Aid Kit, Soft Case, 299-Piece Kit Discount?

I am satisfied with the product, but the product delivered was not the one pictured on the web-site. The one I received was in a blue case and the outer wrappings or box was crushed.

Save 35% Off

After a great deal of Internet shopping, I discovered this kit must be sold under several different names and at several different price points. This was one of the least expensive.

I bought two of these to keep in the family vehicles. The soft side bag makes it very easy to cram into a small out-of-the-way spot in the passenger compartment of a car and truck. That makes it very easy to find it on the rare occasions it's needed.

It's quite complete with a nice assortment of bandage materials.

The little first aid booklet is extremely basic and may only be of use to someone without any common sense.

The emphasis is on bandages so there is a distinct lack of medications but everyone has their particular favorites and you will probably want to add some of your own anyway. I use small vinyl zip lock bags normally sold at a pharmacy and used to store a patients daily medication dosage.

Likewise, I added some scissors and forceps I bought at a swap meet. I don't expect to do brain surgery but it all fits in this lovely little kit and it will be with me all the time as I drive.

I sincerely hope you never need to use it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment