Dureday Cell Battery AA Batteries, 2-Count (Pack of 30)

Dureday Cell Battery AA Batteries, 2-CountI bought these when they were on sale for ~$.10 per cell, a great price for AA batteries. (It turns out that was a price mistake as they originally were listing this as 60 2-packs (120 cells), rather than 60 cells packaged in packs of 2. Amazon took care of the problem by sending me an additional box of batteries and updated the listing to the correct quantity of "2-Count (Pack of 30)"--this really is a pack of 60 AA cells, total.)

I'm not one of those guys that is going to figure out mAh ratings and compare them to Duracells or other batteries for you. What I can tell you is that, as a low cost battery to have around to use in fairly low power devices these are acceptable. They definitely have a much shorter life than a name brand battery. When buying them I figured that if they lasted half as long but were only 10-20% the price I would be saving money. If I had to guess, however, I would say they only last ~20-25% as long as a name brand cell, so the savings really ends up being negligible (especially at anything over ~$.20 per cell).

Final thought: If you just want a ton of batteries for all your kids toys this may not be a bad way to go... just expect to be changing batteries more often than you used to. It's really not a bad product, but, personally, I probably won't buy them again as the shorter than expected life virtually eliminates any cost savings over a name brand battery.

I hope this helps someone else.

Save 40% Off

0 comments:

Post a Comment